When storms occur without warning, commercial properties can suffer significant damage from flash flooding. Regardless of where your business is located, it is always at risk for stormwater damage. In cities and urban areas where concrete and blacktop abounds, rain and stormwater run and gush over streets, sidewalks, parking lots and clogged storm drains. High winds can knock down signs, trees, and power lines, causing further damage to properties in a storm’s path.
Even minor storm damage can disrupt your business operations. While your main concern is the safety of your employees, you must also deal with repairing and cleaning whatever damage has occurred so business operations can get back to normal. Call Water Removal Pros at 470-448-3918 right away. We provide a full range of commercial water damage restoration services in San Antonio area including Bexar, Guadalupe, Hays, Comal, Kendall, Wilson and Blanco counties. We understand the damage stormwater can cause, and also what it takes to get you back in business.
Storm Damage Removal Pros
The Water Removal Pros are available to take your emergency call 24/7 and will be at your business location in 60 minutes or less to begin the water extraction, cleaning, and restoration process. Our Pros will manage the entire process from start to finish, including facilitating the insurance claims process. We fully document our work, take photographs, and do what is needed to ensure you receive the maximum benefit for the storm and water damage your business sustained.
Flooding from stormwater is especially dangerous, as the rainwater picks up and mixes with whatever contaminants are on the ground, such as oil, grease, and coolants from trucks and cars; fertilizers and pesticides from gardens and yards; pet and animal waste as well as waste from septic systems; and any other number of pollutants. If contaminated stormwater enters your commercial property, you need to do more than just extract the water; for the health and safety of your employees, you must also ensure the entire area affected by the flood is completely decontaminated, sterilized, and deodorized. This includes all furnishings and contents. Only a professional water damage restoration company has the expertise to handle this type of damage.
All Water Removal Pros technicians are certified from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the organization that sets the standards for the cleaning, inspection, and restoration industries. You can rest assured that our Pros have the knowledge and expertise to properly treat any stormwater situation.
How We Deal with Storm Damage
- The first step the Water Removal Pros take when they arrive at your business location is to perform a full assessment of the extent of damage incurred from stormwater flooding. If necessary, they first shut down the electric power. Then, in order to contain the flooding and stop the potential for further damage, we locate the point of entry of the water and take necessary steps to stop additional water from entering. We also inspect the exterior of the property, including the roof, and assess the extent of stormwater damage that may have affected your business on the outside.
- The next critical step is to identify the type of stormwater that has flooded your property. The IICRC provides standards for categorizing water types according to the levels of contamination that may be present in the water. Given the unsanitary and unsafe nature of stormwater, it will be documented as Category 3, the most dangerous, as it can cause illness and even death.
- We also assign a classification to the type and extent of water damage from stormwater flooding. This classification is determined by how much moisture and water is present in the property, where it is located, and how much property has actually been damaged. This can range from a small section of carpet and carpet pad to an entire floor or basement, including sub-floor, carpet and carpet pads, furniture, walls, insulation, etc. The Water Removal Pros are qualified to provide all commercial water damage restoration services regardless of the classification of water damage due to stormwater flooding.
- Once the water has been categorized and the extent of damage classified, the next step our technicians take is to extract the water. We use high-powered, state-of-the-art, industry-grade equipment, and work to get the water out as quickly as possible. In addition to our portable and truck-mounted equipment, other specialized equipment includes submersible pumps, infrared cameras, RF pin meters, hygrometers, thermometers, and more to identify potential threats of mold and fungal growth—a very real threat to both your property and your health—and formulate a plan to prevent an infestation.
- Once the stormwater is extracted, the Pros handle the drying out process with moisture-detection equipment, heavy-duty air movers, and drying panels. In the process, we work side by side with business and property owners to identify items that can be salvaged. If the damage is not extensive, it may be possible to clean and restore furniture, fixtures, and electronic items, which we remove to an offsite location for that purpose. We also remove and properly dispose of those items which are not salvageable. Our Pros clean and decontaminate, sanitize, and deodorize all water-damaged areas in your business, including HVAC cleaning and HEPA vacuuming to eliminate airborne contaminants that can lead to the growth of mold.
- Because severe or prolonged stormwater flooding may have caused structural damage to your business, it may be necessary to rebuild or renovate those damaged areas. Water Removal Pros provides a complete range of reconstruction and renovation services from refurbishing basements to repairing roofs. We do what is necessary to ensure your business is restored to its original, pre-flood condition.
Hire Professional Storm Damage Restoration Services
Damage from stormwater flooding can range from minor dampness and moisture to accumulations inches and feet deep that cause your entire business operation to shut down. If your business is located in San Antonio area including Bexar, Guadalupe, Hays, Comal, Kendall, Wilson and Blanco counties, don’t wait another minute. Call Water Removal Pros immediately and we will be onsite in 60 minutes or less to begin the water extraction, cleaning, sanitizing, and restoration process.
The San Antonio area is no stranger to flooding and storm damage from excessive rainfall, elevated water levels in creeks and rivers, and clogged storm drains. In fact, record-breaking floods in recent years caused hundreds of millions of dollars in damage to thousands of properties in the San Antonio area. If your business has experienced flooding or other damage from a storm, call the Water Removal Pros right away at 470-448-3918. We are available 24/7 and arrive on-site in 60 minutes or less. Our goal is to help you get your business back up and running as quickly as possible.