Flood Damage Restoration Experts of
What to expect from Water Removal Pros?
The San Antonio area, is not immune to flooding from excessive rainfall, elevated water levels in creeks and rivers, and clogged storm drains. In fact, in recent years, the San Antonio area experienced record-breaking floods that caused hundreds of millions of dollars in damage to thousands of homes and other properties. Flooding can also occur in your home as a result of a burst or frozen pipe, a leaky faucet, or an overflowing bathtub.
If you or someone you know has experienced the unthinkable where flooding to your home and property is extensive, or even minor, call the Water Removal Pros right away at 470-448-3918.
We provide expert flooding and water damage restoration service, and serve in San Antonio area including Bexar, Guadalupe, Hays, Comal, Kendall, Wilson and Blanco counties. And because we are your neighbors, we are available 24/7 and arrive onsite in 60 minutes or less. We treat you and your home with the respect you deserve, and facilitate the insurance claims process on your behalf by documenting our work, taking photographs, and doing what is needed to ensure you receive the maximum benefit for the flood damage your home and belongings sustained.
Water Removal Pro technicians are highly trained and qualified, and all possess credentials that include Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the organization that sets the standards for the cleaning, inspection, and restoration industries.
Once onsite, the Water Removal Pros perform a full assessment of the extent of damage from flooding. If necessary for safety reasons, our technicians will first shut the electric power down immediately. In order to contain the flooding and stop the potential for further damage, if you, the homeowner, have not yet closed, blocked, or plugged the point of entry of the water, our Pros will locate the source and take necessary steps to address that problem.
What Damages can Flood Cause You?
The next critical step is to identify the type of water that has flooded your home. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) provides standards for categorizing water types according to the levels of contamination that may be present in the water.
- Category 1 is water that flooded as a result of a broken clean water supply line, such as a faucet or toilet tank.
- Category 2 is water that contains a certain level of contaminants. This type of water may have resulted, for example, from a washing machine or dishwasher overflow.
- Category 3 is water that is highly unsanitary and could cause serious illness, or even death, if ingested. This could be water with sewage or flood water from a stream or river.
In all cases, the water categorizations can degrade depending on how long it stands, the temperature, and the amount of contaminants and microbial growth. Water Removal Pros technicians are IICRC certified, and have the knowledge and expertise to properly treat any flooding situation, regardless of the type of water.
Our next assessment is to classify the type or extent of water damage from flooding.
- Class 1: Refers to damage from the least amount of water and affects just a portion of a room. The room’s contents, including the carpet and carpet pad, may have absorbed a minimal amount of moisture.
- Class 2: Refers to an amount of water that affects an entire room, including the carpet and carpet pad. Water has gone up walls no higher than 24 inches, and major structural elements such as plywood and concrete contain moisture.
- Class 3: Refers to an entire area being saturated. The amount of water is the greatest, and will have gone up walls over 24 inches or it may have come from above, affecting the ceiling. Damage is greatest, as carpet, walls, insulation, etc. are affected.
- Class 4: Refers to situations/materials that require specialty drying, such as brick, concrete, and hardwood, as they contain deep pockets of saturation.
Expert Work of Flood Removal Pros on Site
The Water Removal Pros are qualified to provide water damage restoration services for any classification of water damage due to flooding. After our initial assessments of water type and damage, we extract the water using state-of-the-art, industry-grade equipment. We work to get the water out as quickly as possible, using both portable and truck-mounted water extraction equipment, and submersible pumps when necessary.
We use additional specialized equipment that includes infrared cameras, RF pin meters, hygrometers, thermometers, and a Borescope to identify potential threats of mold and fungal growth—a very real threat to home and health—and formulate a plan to prevent an infestation.
The drying out process involves the use of moisture-detection equipment, heavy-duty air movers, and drying panels as part of our process to eliminate all water and moisture from the affected area on both the first and follow-up visits. Our Pros clean, sanitize, and deodorize water-damaged areas, furniture, and salvageable items in your home, and include HVAC cleaning and HEPA vacuuming to eliminate airborne contaminants. In the event your home has incurred structural damage, Water Removal Pros also provide home renovation services to ensure your home is restored to its original, pre-flood condition.
Water damage from flooding can range from minimal dampness and moisture to accumulations inches and feet deep in your home or basement. If you live in San Antonio area, don’t wait another minute:
Call Water Removal Pros immediately and we will be at your home in 60 minutes or less to begin the water extraction, cleaning, and restoration process.